Plant Diagnosis Specialist - Part Time APPLY NOW
All candidates must fill out the following Google Form if interested in this position: https://forms.gle/tg4bL64XfxihT5Lu5
Our mission at Flora is to empower millions of people to embrace nature and save our planet through saving their plants. With our goal to save 5 million plants and plant one million trees by 2025, we’ve got some great work to do. As our gardens grow, so will our team - that’s where you come in!
Flora operates on 6 guiding principles, Constant Curiosity, Scrappy Innovation, Embracing Nature, Leading with Empathy, Humble Confidence, and Unity in Diversity. We want to create a welcoming and informative plant community, and in order to do that we need a team that works in cohesion with our root beliefs.
We are in search of a knowledgeable and research-oriented Plant Diagnosis Specialist to assist our plant community in determining health issues with their plants. Users will make appointments with you, our “Plant Doctor”, to live chat about issues they are having with their plant. The right candidate will be an organized problem solver with excellent communication skills.
What you’ll do:
- Post and engage daily on our Community Garden to assist people with their plant questions
- Manage appointments and incoming bookings through our “Diagnosis/Plant Doctor Tool”, where people will schedule 15-min appointments to diagnose their sick plants
- Work closely with our Plant Database team on recommendations for our plant care guides and plant database
What we’re looking for:
- Background in horticulture or botany
- Previous work experience in a plant nursery or garden center
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with our plant community effectively
- Flexible schedule and efficient time management - users will be making appointments for plant diagnosis, you must be able to adhere to those schedules as they are booked.
- Strong interest in Flora, our root beliefs, and overall mission
- Ability to work 5-15 hrs/week (workflow may vary from week to week)
- Flexible working hours
- Fully remote company culture
- $20/hr starting pay, with opportunity and potential for quarterly raises and bonuses
- Free Flora Plus subscriptions, merch, and family-discounts on our Flora Pods
- Discounts on plant purchases through our nursery and plant shop network
We are passionate about educating our users, creating a community founded on connection, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer creative and meaningful work, unending opportunities for growth and learning, and access to a worldwide network of incredible thinkers.